Thursday, April 29, 2010

You can shop at Costco without a membership!!


Ok - I have not tried this out myself yet, but heard from another blogger that that this works!  I may have to head to Costco this weekend to check this out!

Here is how you do it:

Purchase a Costco Cash Card (gift card) at the Customer Service desk, must be a minimum of $10.00. Use that gift card as your “member’s card” to get into the store. Shop as you normally would. When you go to pay, you pay first with your gift card but any remaining balance must be paid with cash or debit (no American Express). That’s it! You’ve just shopped at Costco for free and saved the $50 a year membership fees. Of course you don’t get the Costco Member benefits, cheap gas, etc but your items are still protected under Costco’s very generous return policy.

Just remember Bulk is NOT always Better. I realize America has become ingrained in that myth, but it’s not true. Many times stacking coupons on top of sale prices and stockpiling then is better then buying in bulk.  I hope you find this helpful!

Let me know if you try this!!  I’d love to hear your experiences!
.

Thanks:  The Frugal Find

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
/** Google Analytics */